We hire the best
Imagine working with innovative people who are experts in their field and who like to solve customers’ product design or manufacturing problems with leading edge technology. Imagine finding new applications and solving problems that current technology cannot address. Imagine developing and extending a new, world’s-first technology. If you like a fast-paced environment that is growing and changing rapidly, nanoGriptech may be the next stop in your career.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA—home of Carnegie Mellon University, as well as world-class museums, national sports teams, zoo and theaters—nanoGriptech provides an exciting environment where successful people want to work.
While we may not always have specific openings, we are always interested in hearing from and meeting innovative, self-motivated, engineers, scientists, and entrepreneurs as we grow our team.
To learn more about working at nanoGriptech, please send a brief cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
nanoGriptech Inc. seeks a full-time Manufacturing Technician to work in our facility located in Pittsburgh (Lawrenceville, with temporary facilities in Turtle Creek until 12/2018). This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with our growing team in Pittsburgh.
The primary responsibility of the manufacturing technician will be to operate and maintain manual, pneumatic, and automatic manufacturing equipment to produce innovative dry adhesive products for nanoGriptech’s customers and internal R&D programs. The ideal candidate has experience working in coating or roll-to-roll manufacturing environments, takes pride in efficiently manufacturing product during each shift, has excellent manual dexterity and enjoys working in a dynamic team environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Batch formulas, perform applicable tests and create lot records.
• Perform laboratory work from development and scale up of processes through production for dry adhesive products as assigned.
• Operate manual, pneumatic and automated equipment.
• Work with engineering team to test and replace manual processes with automatic processes.
• Become proficient in the operation of appropriate manufacturing equipment and test instruments.
• Prepare finished goods for shipment.
• Maintain and enter data accurately into multiple software programs to organize, analyze and record work.
• Maintain accurate inventory of raw materials, manufacturing consumables and finished products.
• Practice good housekeeping, organization and safety in the laboratories and manufacturing facility.
• Identify and use safety labels on product containers.
• Understand and comply with all documented and documentation requirements.
• Learn and practice documented quality system procedures and company policies.
• Compile data and write summaries on computer.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following education, skills and experience:
• 5 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a coating or roll-to-roll environment.
• Associates Degree in related field preferred.
• Excellent manual dexterity and hands-on lab skills, demonstrated through professional, academic or extra-curricular experience (Previous lab experience is preferred).
• Demonstrated related experience may substitute for preferred education.
• Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, meet deadlines, raise issues early and use time productively.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and expend up to 8 hours per day standing and walking in the lab.
• Ability to see, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity; climbing, kneeling, standing, walking, crouching, stooping, reaching, pulling, pushing and other similar tasks requiring physical activity.
• Must be able to travel between the two manufacturing locations (Lawrenceville and Turtle Creek) as needed
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.